Pro-Guard – More Than Just A Security Company
MSG Security Ltd. T/A Pro-Guard Security provides a total security service. In 1993, the Company was established and the business continues to be directed from our purpose built office located in Walsall. Our services include the supply of security personnel to conduct keyholding, alarm response, static (site based) and mobile security guarding services, CCTV/Alarms to meet our customers’ requirements. To indicate the depth and breadth of our experience, these services extend, when required, to the provision of: 24 hour coverage; use of vehicles (marked or unmarked as appropriate to high-profile patrol). These services are or can be provided to customers involved in every type of industrial, commercial or public service organisation and premises.
Pro-Guard security recognises that its operations have an impact on the environment. In a commitment to improve our environmental performance, we will carry out our business in a manner which manages and minimises any adverse impact on the environment.
Pro-Guard Security provides human and otherwise assisted security service resources, including continuous and occasional guarding, mobile guarding/ patrols and keyholding responsibility of / for customer sites. The company works within the West Midlands and has a head office (Lincoln House) located in Walsall.
Pro-Guard security recognises that its operations have an impact on the environment and. In a commitment to improve our environmental performance, we will carry out our business in a manner which manages and minimises any adverse impact on the environment.
Continual improvement will be achieved by measuring the usage of electricity, gas, paper, water and diesel. Vehicles will be serviced regularly to prevent excessive pollution of co2 into the atmosphere.
To achieve this we will:
- Comply with all environmental legislation and other requirements.
- Pro-guard is committed to prevent pollution from our operations.
- Pro-guard is committed to reduce the overall usage of, electricity, gas, paper and diesel. • Monitor gas and electricity use and set objectives and targets to reduce usage.
- Only purchase recycled paper and to set objectives and targets to reduce usage.
- Implement procedures for switching off equipment when not in use.
- Purchase eco-rated vehicles for company use.
- Communicate the Environmental Policy to all members of staff through the induction process and environmental awareness training. It will also be displayed in the reception area of Lincoln House, and available to the public upon request.
- Design, develop and plan, existing and new services and products used for optimal performance whilst minimising any negative environmental impacts that may arise from their delivery.
- Periodically review this Policy to ensure it remains relevant to the organisation. A framework is set up for measuring and reviewing objectives and targets at quarterly intervals.
The company is committed to implementing an Environmental Management System which meets the requirements of ISO 14001 by December 2011.