MSG Security Ltd t/a Pro-guard Security Complaints Policy and Complaints Handling Procedure
Our aim, as a professional private security industry provider, is to be fully committed to providing a quality service for our stakeholders and to continually improve our service by:
- Listening and responding to all of our stakeholder’s views and opinions (which includes our customers, employees and other interested parties)
- Responding to all complaints and suggestions in a timely and positive manner; and
- By putting any identified mistakes, confirmed to be of our making, right through appropriate corrective and preventive actions that will prevent any future recurrence.
We at MSG Security Ltd t/a Pro-guard Security are committed to effective and efficient handling of all complaints received by us (from any source) related to any aspect of the services that we provide; and in doing so we aim to comply with the 9 guiding principles of ISO 10002:2004; which are:
- Visibility – Information about how and where to complain will be well publicised to all stakeholders (i.e. customers, our own personnel and to all other interested parties) – see below as to how this will be accomplished
- Accessibility – our complaints management system will be accessible to all stakeholders. Our complaints policy, and details of how to make a complaint, will therefore be issued on our website and will be present or referenced in all applicable quotations and tender submissions
- Responsiveness – All received complaints will be promptly registered and acknowledged; and all complainants will be kept informed about the outcome of their complaint
- Objectivity – Each complainant’s input will be dealt with equitably, objectively and in an unbiased way
- Charges (fees) – access to the complaints handling system will always be free from any charges or fees
- Confidentiality – Personally identifiable information will always be treated in the strictest of confidence and protected from any exposure to non-authorised personnel or those without a need to know.
- Customer-focussed approach – all complaints will be handled with the best interests of our customer at heart
- Accountability – lines of accountability for the prompt investigation and satisfactory closure of all received complaints will be identified within our processes
- Continual Improvement – our permanent objective is to bring about continual improvements to all our processes; including the complaints handling process itself.
MSG Security Ltd t/a Pro-guard Security aim to ensure that:
- Making and registering any valid complaint is as easy as possible.
- We deal with any such complaint politely, promptly and confidentially
- We respond in the right way – with either an explanation or an apology where we are shown to have got things wrong, or with the agreed action taken to resolve the problem; and with a view to prevent any recurrence.
- We learn from complaints, use them to improve our service and review our systems on an ongoing basis.
MSG Security Ltd t/a Pro-guard Security responsibility will be to:
- Log and acknowledge the complaint in writing, preferably via email (usually within 24 hours of any complaint receipt).
- Thoroughly investigate the validity of each complaint and respond within a stated or timely period
- Deal reasonably and sensitively with the complaint.
- Take action where appropriate – both to resolve the reported issue and to also prevent any further recurrence of similar problems.
A complainant’s responsibility is to bring their concern to the attention of MSG Security Limited as soon as possible but, normally within 2 weeks of any valid incident. They should:
- Raise concerns promptly and directly with an office based member of MSG Security Limited ( who will have access to the Complaints Register)
- Explain the problem as clearly and as fully as possible, including any action taken to date.
- Allow MSG Security Limited personnel a reasonable amount of time to deal with the issue arising – including any initial investigation to determine the validity of the complaint and its root cause etc.
- Recognise that in some instances circumstances may be beyond the control of MSG Security
Except in exceptional circumstances, every attempt will be made to ensure that the complainant and MSG Security Limited maintain complete confidentiality concerning any complaint that is received – in line with relevant Data Protection Act requirements.
All complaints received by us will be handled in accordance with our own documented Complaints Policy, our Complaints Procedure (Process 23) which forms part of our documented Quality Management System; and which are designed to satisfy all applicable ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 10002:2004 requirements.
These provision for all complaints to be registered/logged immediately upon receipt (with an unique complaint reference number allocated), and to then be investigated, agreed and closed out in a timely manner and be reported on a suitable form specifically designed for this purpose – with all agreed actions notified to and agreed with each complainant.
Last updated: 25/03/20