Unfortunately, in today’s society there are people out there that are looking to damage, vandalise and destroy school property. This is why security in schools is so important to keep the pupils, staff and property safe. There are many dangers and safety threats children can come across every day. The highest threat is criminals breaking down or jumping fences to damage school property and even to harm students. Creating a safe place for children should be a high priority for schools. We are dedicated to helping and revamping school security systems so that all risk factors are ruled out.
Maintaining a high standard of security requires planning and regular security checks. Parents expect that schools will have a security operation in place so that it keeps their children safe. This is why we believe when it comes to school security it should be kept in check and up to date.
School Security Solutions
There are numerous ways of implementing security in schools which will impact instantaneously. We provide a range of school security solutions and services that deliver professional security in schools. The services that we provide include:
- CCTV Installation – This is a popular method for keeping a watchful eye on the school premises. Once installed they work around the clock to observe the surrounding area.
- 24 Hour monitoring – We provide high quality cameras that run clear and flawless video which provides the best chance of catching criminals.
- Alarm Response – Our expert security team will respond to all alerts that may be set off by the alarms installed.
- Access control services – Allowing anyone to access any area of the school without the need for permission will lead to criminals having unauthorised access. People could potentially get into the school without being detected by staff. Systems such as card readers or password combinations are one of the best methods of discontinuing full access throughout the school.
- Caretaker Service – Many schools have a caretaker due to opening and closing the school premises. Making sure a school is locked at night is highly significant to keeping the content of the school safe.
- Lone worker protection – Having a physical guard walking around and protecting the school will help prevent anybody attempting to get into the school.
Why have Security for Schools?
Having security in schools is mainly to protect and keep the pupils safe. There are many laws surrounding security for schools, meaning it is important to get it exact and precise. Many problems can arise in schools, such as:
- Throughout the day there are pupils roaming across the premises meaning there is numerous opportunities to get into the building freely. This could lead to unauthorised personnel being able to get into the building and stealing school assets.
- Pupils virtually get unrestricted access within the school allowing potential criminals to break in and cause damage to the school.
- The fact that there are valuables within the school premises makes it a tempting target for most criminals. Assets such as computers, monitors and projectors are among the most valuable items.
- There is high potential to cause havoc within the school due to fire alarms, which gives the perfect distraction to steal or damage school property.
- When school security solutions are put into place these problems are reduced drastically. Having these problems being removed altogether will help towards gaining a higher reputation for the school.
If you are interested in having school security implemented into your premises please don’t hesitate to call Pro-Guard Security on 0844 585 7076. You can also contact us via email where our helpful and cooperative team will get back to you at a time that suits you.